Thursday, January 7, 2010

CURSE you!

A few weeks ago, a co-worker walked onto the line, holding a credit card slip. He looked at bit dazed. I figured it was either an incredible tip, or he got stiffed. A couple servers followed him into the kitchen, looking over his shoulder.

So, I walk over and ask him, "What's up?"

He looks up at me and then turns the paper around so I can see it. I'm not sure what the tip was, I'd say something around 17%, but what was weird was the signature. It was signed: CURSE.

Now, none of us knew what to say. We looked at each other and then I started laughing. The laughter caught on. Soon, we were all laughing and making jokes. I knew he felt a little weird about it, and I tried to lighten the mood. I told him there were a LOT of weirdos out there, especially in a restaurant. It meant nothing. I'm not superstitious; I don't believe in curses. He doesn't either.

But still. Really people?! What is that supposed to mean? You're a freak! I hope your house burns down because you didn't stuff out your black candles.

Instead of writing 'thank you!!' on the check, with a smiley face, I wish we could erase the thank you and write 'fuck off'. Keep the smiley face on there though.

1 comment: